Milton Tudor was baptised on 10 April 1898 at St Mary's, Berkeley, the son of Maurice Tudor, an engine driver, and Emma née Lyes, having been born on 16 January. They were at Sharpness at the time of his baptism, but by 1901 Maurice and Emma were living at Purton with their five children. Moving again, and with the addition of another daughter, 1911 found them back at Sharpness where Maurice worked as a dock labourer, and Milton was an office boy for the Steam Packet Company. The Company, which also employed Milton's older brother, Clifford, as a cabin boy, operated regular passenger services on the Wave and Lapwing between Gloucester and Sharpness.
So far as Milton's war service is concerned, it is certain that he served first in the 23rd (Service) Battalion (Welsh Pioneers) of the Welsh Regiment; formed at Porthcawl in September 1915, they embarked at Devonport in July 1916 for Salonika. In the Balkan theatre the battalion was attached to the 28th Division as Pioneers. After earning appointment to acting corporal, Milton is recorded as having been transferred at some point to the 2nd (Garrison) Battalion of the King's (Liverpool) Regiment; this is likely to have happened when they arrived in theatre in August 1917 when experienced soldiers would often have been transferred in to guide the newcomers. It is noteworthy that Milton was also considered suitable for the infantry, rather than the Pioneers (who were essentially labourers, although they often worked in, or in front of, the front line). He would have taken part in the Battle of Doiran in 1918, which failed owing to lack of artillery support combined with a reckless attack by a Greek Division. He remained in the Balkans until the end of the war. Following demobilisation Milton received the British War Medal and Victory Medal and his service is commemorated on the plaque in Frampton Village Hall.
After the war Milton worked as a chocolate maker for Cadbury's, and on 15 August 1921 he married Thora Annie Niblett Cook (sister of Raymond George) at St Mary's; their son, Howard George, was born the same year. Milton and his family lived at The Shrubs, The Street, in Frampton, and he ran the newsagents and was also a churchwarden. Milton Tudor was buried in St Mary's churchyard on 23 March 1967.